- Group health insurance is self-funded through the Memorial Health Care System Health Care Plan. This is a Preferred Provider Organization with a prescription drug benefit. A third party administrator provides administrative services and claims processing.
- Short-term disability insurance is provided for employees following one year of full-time employment. This insurance pays on the 31st day of a qualified disability and continues for up to 26 weeks. The coverage is 70% of the employee's base pay, not to exceed $400 per week.
- Life insurance in the amount of the employee's annual salary is provided following one year of full-time employment. The maximum amount of life insurance is $50,000.
- Supplemental insurance plans covering dentistry, long-term care, cancer and critical illness, and additional life insurance are also available to employees.
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts are available to reduce your taxable income. Eligible dependent care and unreimbursed medical expenses (deductibles, co-pays, some over-the-counter medications) may be deducted from an employee's pay on a pre-tax basis.
- A 403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity helps employees save for retirement. Employee contributions may be deducted from an employee's pay on a pre-tax basis. This is another way to reduce taxable income. No limit to employee contribution (subject to IRS limitations). First 4% of employee's contributions are matched at 75%. 100% vesting at 5 years of qualified service.
- Paid days off accumulate at a rate of 8.08% of time worked. For a 40-hour/week employee, this equals 21 eight-hour days off per year. Paid days off are used for any time off requested after the introductory period is completed (usually 90 days). This accrual increases to 10% of time worked after five years of employment.
- On-site childcare is available at a reduced rate on a first come, first served basis for employees' dependents. Quality licensed care givers provide a loving, warm environment for children from 6 weeks to 14 years of age during the hours of 5:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Education Assistance Programs are available to employees at the completion of the 90-day introductory period.
- The Employee Assistance Program provides confidential, company paid counseling for employees and their immediate family members.
- Discounted meal tickets allow most employees to eat in the hospital cafeteria.
- The Wellness Program helps employees get the exercise they need to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
If you have any questions about becoming an employee of MHCS, please feel free to call the Director of Human Resources, Jim Eastman, at (402) 646-4618. Fax: (402) 646-4621.